The Truth About Affirmations and How to Make Them Work for You
If you’re new to affirmations, you’ve picked a good time to get started. These positive statements can be powerful!
A recent study confirmed the effectiveness of affirmations. Researchers found that people under high stress did about 50% worse on a problem solving test. However, when they used a brief self-affirmation first, they did just as well as the other participants.
Your mind is just as powerful when we control the content of your thoughts!.
This post explains the benefits of using affirmations and how to get the most from them!
Consider the Benefits of Affirmations:
- Improve your performance. In addition to overcoming stress, affirmations can also help you learn from your mistakes. They promote flexible thinking that makes it easier to spot your errors and form new habits.
- Feel better. This is medicine that tastes good. Skillful self-talk cheers you up instantly. It’s like giving yourself a hug.
- Enjoy better relationships. It’s easy to slip into defensiveness when you feel tense. Affirmations give you a more constructive method for dealing with difficult issues so you can remain open to what others have to say.
- Protect your physical health. Chronic stress triggers inflammation and interferes with your metabolism. Simply relaxing reduces your risk for many serious health conditions.
- Draw on your strengths. Maybe you excel as a parent, but struggle with public speaking. Affirmations remind you of your most important strengths and help build your confidence in weaker areas.
- Take them everywhere. Your boss may look at you funny if you interrupt a staff meeting to get a massage. On the other hand, you can recite uplifting messages out loud or silently wherever you go.
- Discover more meaning. Most importantly, affirmations welcome more meaning into your life. You’ll be more mindful of your choices and how your actions contribute to fulfilling your purpose.
Learn a Few Easy Rules about Affirmations:
- Time it right. Prepare yourself for challenging tasks. Perform an affirmation before you give a presentation or depart on a long flight.
- Clarify your values. You can apply affirmations to any area of your life, from baking a cake to putting out forest fires. Affirmations have the greatest impact when you tie them to your top priorities, whether that’s your family and friends or health goals.
- Write it all down. Recording your statements in a journal makes them feel more concrete. Spend about five minutes jotting your thoughts down. Identify what matters most to you and figure out the reasons behind your values.
- Take supporting actions. Naturally, your behavior needs to match your words. If it’s important for you to be a great tennis player, work on your backhand. To care for sick animals, enroll in veterinary school.
- Use a combination of resources. Blend your affirmations in with other source of assistance and encouragement. Devote time to spiritual practices or talk with a friend about a conflict to get their perspective.
- Develop a strong intention. Forceful wishes create mighty affirmations. Reflect on your motivation and give your full attention to what you’re saying. Engage all your senses to produce a vivid experience. If you’re trying to grow your own vegetables, imagine how they’ll look and taste.
- Be sincere. Analyze your affirmations to be sure they feel authentic for you. Go ahead and proclaim you’re a top salesperson if you really believe it. Otherwise, you may want to build up gradually by praising yourself for each call or visit you make.
Affirmations can lead to exciting breakthroughs, whether you want to lose weight or acquire new clients at work. Focus on your core values and let them guide your actions and affirmations.
Most of my clients come from personal referrals or from reading my blogs. Would you mind sharing?