Friendship Tips for Valentines Day!
Valentines day is an excellent day to celebrate the people in our lives who we LOVE and who make it FUN!
Honestly, I am not sure what I would do without my friends. They know almost everything about me and, despite my flaws, like me anyway! How AMAZING is that?
I am sure you have some amazing friends too! Have you ever thought about what makes these relationships work? In my life coaching business, I help many people understand the romantic relationships in their lives, so I thought it would be fun to change it up a little and focus on our friendships for valentines day!
Here are a few friendship tips to help YOU become the best friend you can!
- Listen- Good friends understand that listening is MUCH more important than responding. You don’t need to have all the answers (or ANY of them) as long as you willing to really HEAR your friends and attempt to UNDERSTAND them.
- Be Trustworthy- A strong friendship is built on a solid foundation of trust. True friends rarely share secrets with others. If you gossip about another person, then don’t call yourself their friend. Period.
- Support- Friends support each other even when they make mistakes! You don’t have to agree with their action, but you can stand by them through the fallout. Support them when the sun is shining and also when it is stormy out!
- Be a Cheerleader- Tell them why their idea WILL work or that you believe in them! Tell them “Good job” and give them a high five when they accomplish something GREAT! Jealousy is a poison to any friendship. Be happy for them when things are going well (and an encourager when things are not going well)
- Love- LOVE your friend for the completely imperfect person they are and enjoy the time spent with. The future is uncertain for all of us. Let’s love our friends while they are in our lives.
What do you think? I’m sure you have some GREAT Friendship Tips of your own.
Let me know if you have any questions or would like to learn how Life Coaching may be able to help you improve the relationships in your life!
You can sign up for my NO COST 30-Minute Discovery Session and figure out what may be holding you back from your relationship goals.
Sign up for my BLOGS below!
Would you do me a favor? Please share this blog!